We consider that nearly all our trips are termed as “Private Charters” as we see our strength in being able to give our visitors the vessel to themselves, rather than just selling a ‘seat’.
This makes us competitive and affordable where a family or small group would like exclusive use for the day so we may also tailor a trip for them without having to consider others.
We are also able to start and finish our Private Charterers outside the normal hours of scheduled tours which makes us ideal for that “Sunrise” or “Sunset” occasion.
Skipper John is often quite flexible in finishing times as, if his passengers are keen to stay out that little bit longer, so he is also.
Where a Private Charter is booked ahead, there are often changes in requests and timetables., especially special events such as weddings, filming and locations and you will find Whitsunday Paradise Explorer very accommodating to these alterations.
There is no minimum number of passengers required for a private charter, however the minimum cost of charter is 2.5 hours at the current hourly rate for the vessel.
to book your private charter today.
COVID-19 PRICING AND ALTERATIONS
- Private day tours for Couples only - Full day at the half-day price ($850.00).
- Private charters for family groups (must be a family unit staying or traveling together) - Full day at the half-day price plus $50.00 per person for more than 2 people however, children under 5 yrs. old are free.
- Private Whale Watching Tours departing from either Airlie Beach or *Bowen - $495.00 - 4 hours duration, up to 6 persons from the same family (or alternatively they can pay the day charter rate and we can do snorkeling, etc as well). AM or PM times.
*Bowen Tours are available on request.
What is supplied:
- Guest towels and sun umbrella (full day trips)
- Canned drinking water, Ice and Eski – all trips.
- Snorkel equipment, Stinger suits & SharkBanz bracelets (full day trips)
What is not supplied:
- Catering – we are not providing any food as we wish to minimize all risks where possible. Catering, if required, can be organized through our regular suppliers directly by the guest, however, we can collect if necessary.
- “By the Seat” or “Shared” charter – we are only catering to couples and family groups at this time as we want to ensure that our guests are not being exposed to a potential Covid-positive contact from any outside influence.
All guests will be required to complete a Covid-19 declaration and have their temperatures taken (Infra-red forehead thermometer) prior to departure.
Guests bags and equipment may be subject to a sanitization treatment.
Payment – Booking deposit of 15% may be required, balance taken on day at vessel unless by prior arrangement – Terms strictly 7 days from date of charter.
Read more about COVID-19 price and tour alterations HERE.